Sierra Leone Recovery Center
The Recovery Center in Sierra Leone provides emergency aftercare to survivors of sex trafficking and forced labor. You can read more about the Recovery Center here.
We are looking for people who can help us organize creative efforts to support the Recovery Center with encouragement and finances. If you’re interested in being a part of that, please let us know.
Loneliness is a significant issue in our community. Whether it is the elderly, students, single parents, or just people who feel like they are alone, there are many who are in need of connections.
We’re looking for people who would like to come together to creatively address the issue of loneliness in our community. If you’d like to be a part of that, please let us know.
Serving People through Love, Inc.
We have an opportunity to engage people who are often dealing with loneliness as well as a variety of challenges to stability with the IMPACT program through Love, Inc.
This involves preparing and serving a meal to people who are gaining life skills training and mentoring on Thursday evenings from 5:15-7:00.
We need about 10 volunteers in order to be able to do this. If you would like to be involved, please let us know!
Being a part of God’s mission of renewal is something we do on a daily basis. To help us grow in that, we offer challenges you can do on your own, with your family, or even with a group of friends or co-workers. Our challenge right now has to do with generosity. It’s pretty simple.
A Rhythm of Generosity
This challenge is meant to help you develop a rhythm of generosity in your life. Just follow these three steps on a weekly basis.
- Discuss. During the week, make note of people God might want you to impact through generosity. (If you’re doing this with other people, discuss it with them!)
- Decide. Each Sunday, choose one way you will be intentionally generous.
- Act. Follow through on what you decide.
A few things to help you with this challenge.
- We will create a group on the City (Trailhead’s online community communication tool) for you to share stories and get ideas from others who are doing this.
- If you want to engage in an act of generosity that is beyond your capacity, you can share it on the City and invite others to join you!
- Remember, generosity is about money, but not just money. Consider how you can be generous with money, time, resources, skills, and other assets.
If you’d like to be added to the group on the City so you can participate with others, just click the button!